Thursday, October 7, 2010

99 Problems?

I just found this song in Rolling Stone and had to blog it immediately. It's a revamped version of Jay-Z's "99 Problems". The song just has this amazing country western vibe that really works for it. I feel like this song was created to eventually be done in this style. I wish there was a little more to it but I guess this is all we are going to get. It doesn't follow the original to the T but i think i like that. It's more of a re-imagined version of the song. It feels like you are hearing it for the first time and barely conjures of images of the original because it is just so markedly different. I cannot find to much about the band Hugo, who play the song, but it is hopefully not the last of them, their sound is very classic but new wave in a way. Enjoy the track.

"99 Problems" by Hugo (2010)


-S

No comments:

Post a Comment