Monday, October 4, 2010

Down with the moral majority

Green Day is a band that my favor waxes and wanes constantly for. Sometime I love listening to them, and others I'm just tired of them and would rather not hear them ever. I guess it's the same with a lot of bands (great example: No Doubt). Anyway one of my favorite Green Day songs is "Minority." I think the song is really good and works in a lot of interesting musical compositional components.

The song starts out with this little ditty like acoustic riff. And then breaks in to their classic sound with the layered punk guitar and driving drum beats. There is also a little higher melody that drives the background-I am having a lot of trouble discerning what instrument plays it though (accordion?) but it really adds to the track in an interesting way. Enjoy!

"Minority" by Green Day from Warning (2000)


-S

No comments:

Post a Comment